ABOUT OUR YOGA STUDIO
RSC Yoga Studio offers daily yoga classes morning, noon and evening for maximum scheduling ease; to help you relax, unwind, stretch and connect with yourself. All levels welcome.
There are 7 ways to participate in yoga at RSC:
- Take a yoga class (see schedule below): Drop-in Class $15
- Purchase a 10-Class Pack for $120 (save $30). Attend classes at your leisure as this pass will not expire!
- Purchase a 20-Class Pack for $220. (save $80). Attend classes at your leisure as this pass will not expire!
- Buy an Introductory Unlimited Monthly for $55 for the introductory month (must be new to the RSC Yoga Studio). Come to any class, any time.
- Buy an Unlimited Monthly Pass for $110 if you have taken part in yoga at RSC previously.
- Buy a children’s yoga program or drop-in
- Buy a yoga and pool pass for $350. (Valid during July and August)
*All prices subject to HST
Scroll down to see the Yoga Schedule. You can purchase a Drop-in Pass, 10-Class, 20-Class Pack or Introductory Unlimited Monthly in person or over the phone (613) 749-6126.
YOGA OPTIONS AT RSC
Daily Adult Yoga Classes
Weekday Yoga Schedule
9:45am – 11:00
6:00pm – 7:15pm
Weekend Yoga Schedule
Yoga Class Descriptions
- Happy Hips
- This class is a dedication to all the desk and office workers, but all are welcome. A yoga class focused on building stability and strength in the hips. In this class yoga asana’s and breath techniques, combined with alignment focus will alleviate some of the common symptoms associated with sitting too long and activities that focus on limited or repetitive range of movement. Relax into this class and melt away the office stress.
- This class is for all levels, concentrating on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and mediation techniques (dyana) with the goal fo bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind.
- Hatha Flow
- This class is for intermediate levels, concentrating on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and mediation techniques (dyana) with the goal fo bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind.
- A fitness-based approach to Vinyasa style flow. Students will focus on linking conscious breath with a vigorous and mindful flower. In a power yoga class, students will build strength, flexibility and concentration while cleansing the body and calming the mind.
- Meditative Yoga
- Through postures (asanas), breathing (pranayamas), relaxation and simple meditative techniques, this class will support relaxation of the body as well as calming the mind to create a more spacious experience. A guided meditation practice in the class will bring the student inward, reposing into oneself in a state of friendliness. The slow and gentle pace of this class makes it perfect for all levels.
- Mindful Movement
- A Movement Based class. Using the traditional Yoga Asana’s good music and fun guidance you will move your body and connect to the music in your soul.
- Vinyasa, meaning “to place in a special way” is a style of yoga defined by agility, race and precision. This is a practice that cultivates a deep connection with breath while fostering a keen sense of alignment and strength within a seamless and intelligent flow. Modification and props are welcome additions to enhance our experience. This is a class designed with the intention of building more heat.
- Yang and Yin Yoga is a balanced approach to yoga that offers active (Yang) yoga shapes (asanas) for the first half of the practice, followed by passive asanas in the second half. Yogis come out of the Yang and Yin practice feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
- Known as the quiet practice, Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis and lower spine. Yin postures are held for three to five minutes which gives the body an opportunity to open and release tension from deeper tissues. Yin Yoga is suitable for most levels of students.
- Zen Yoga (55+)
- Are you 55 years or older? Want to relax and to be more in touch with your body and your breath? This gentle yet energizing hatha yoga class is a combination of yoga poses (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayamas) and meditation that will bring balance to the whole body – increased flexibility, coordination, strength and a clear, calm and focused mind. Bring you smile and enthusiasm to experience the natural wisdom of your body.
Meet our Yoga Instructors
Aline is a perceptive soul with a strong, energetic body and a deep philosophical approach to life. Yoga has been part of her life for over 10 years and has helped her overcome physical challenges, gain control over her busy mind and experience spirituality in a very grounded way, both on and off the mat. As a RYT 200 Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, she feels inspired to share the gift of Yoga while she continues to be a dedicated student of the practice herself. In her classes, she seeks to help others find balance and reconnect with their own inner source of vitality.
Anamda has a strong background in holistic health and wellness for families and seniors and extensive training in yoga and meditation, with over 15-years experience as a teacher/trainer for children, teens and families. She is passionate to bring heart-centered yoga to children, families and senior adults. She enjoys bringing creativity and music into her classes for a relaxed and uplifting experience. Her motto is BE HAPPY TODAY!
Christine is a new instructor who has been practicing yoga for three years. She is a 200-hour certified instructor recognized by the Yoga Alliance and teaches all levels and styles. She favors a restorative style of yoga and focuses on long posturing with her instruction. For Christine, finding a yoga pose is a holistic experience encompassing the body, mind and soul. In her classes, she aims to both challenge and awaken her students, and she invites them to do the same for themselves in their practices. She welcomes yogis of all backgrounds to join her in classes, believing that yoga truly is a practice for absolutely everyone.
Lori is a RYT 235+ registered with Yoga Alliance, she has 60+ hours of specialized Children’s yoga teacher training. With a background in psychology and early childhood education she has a passion for introducing children to yoga and fostering movement, body awareness and creativity. Lori offers classes for children, families, prenatal and restorative classes. With her background and her personality, she offers a whimsy and lightness to her classes. There is always room for humor and after one of Lori’s classes you will always walk away feeling restored and rejuvenated.
Shelley is passionate about getting people of all ages moving and helping them make it a daily healthy habit. Yoga is an integral part of her life and athletic life – it is more than a workout, it provides balance. Shelley always encourages smiling and having fun on the mat in her classes – each time is an opportunity to be curious, playful and to explore. Shelley is certified as a teacher in RYT 200 Yoga, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga as well as a Personal Trainer.
Sophie Roberge is a 200 hour Certified Hatha Yoga teacher teaching all levels, including power, prenatal and restorative yoga. Sophie came to yoga through competitive sports and appreciates the compliment yoga offers the body as well as the mind. Sophie has directed her athletic passion towards ongoing studies of yoga in order to explore her deeper practice and yogic philosophies. Sophie has a rich history of athletic coaching and brings a dynamic teaching style to class. Bringing a light sense of humour and the courage to explore postures, Sophie welcomes all levels to class.
Stéphane stumbled into yoga in 2006 and immediately found a home. He has been teaching since 2011, and brings a strong presence, a solid foundational teaching style and his sense of humour to every class, making for a well-framed and accepting environment for students.
As a teacher, Stéphane places the accent on fundamentals: proper alignment (with a clear understanding that every one of our bodies is unique), stable connection to the ground and relaxed breathing. He provides clear, direct instruction accompanied with key information and variations on the postures.
Yoga came into Yanira’s life through curiosity and what she has discovered with dedicated practice, is now what she is passionate about: Breathe deeply because it is the only thing that truly keeps you alive. Move mindfully with ease and strength in perfect balance. Feel intensively as it is the only way to experience life at its fullest. Expand beyond your own limitations; and from deep within, let arise your authentic and inspired YOU. Yanira is honoured to share the insights that yoga brought into her journey. Feel free to join the class, discover something new and experience by yourself the benefits of this incredible practice.
Zoe’s classes are safe, refreshing, and uplifting. Anyone who knows Zoe would describe her as attentive, loving, and ready to laugh. For many years, yoga was primarily a healing system for her. It was a major tool in negotiating several health complications and autoimmune diseases. Now, having taught yoga full-time for over 10 years, Zoe has a huge crush on yoga. It’s such an extensive and intelligent system of balancing one’s strength, health, mood, breath, and mindset. Zoe is constantly amazed by how both the asanas (the physical practise of yoga) and the philosophy (the wise yoga psychology and lifestyle) make people feel better. Zoe derives great joy from teaching yoga in a way that is accessible to any kind of body; she provides modifications to ensure that students are comfortable.
Check out our full listing of sports, fitness, health and wellness activities
FACILITIES & RENTALS
Discover our full facilities and rentals including the Bridge Public House and Rideau Room.