We take the safety of our players and staff seriously, especially with the recent COVID-19 health crisis. Please stay up to date on our latest health and safety protocols before coming to play.
- We ask that anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to please stay home.
- Refrain from touching your face while on site at RSC.
- While on RSC property, you are responsible to adhere to OPH’s guidelines of 6 feet physical distancing between yourself and others.
- Masks and gloves are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- RSC’s building will not be open to clients due to provincial COVID-19 restrictions, but we have 2 Porta-Potties onsite, located in front of the Multi-Sport Dome. We suggest you come dressed to play, as there will be no changerooms.
- Drinking Water: Please come prepared to your games with your own drinking water. There will be no “communal” water fill-up station due to COVID-19.
- “Satellite” Front Desk will be located at the top of the entry steps outdoors to help you with court assignments displayed on the monitor outside. The Front Desk will have the following available for sale: tennis balls, masks (disposable and fabric), cans of beer/wine/cocktails, and bottled water (if we can keep enough quantity in stock). While cans of beer/alcohol can be purchased at the “Satellite Front Desk” for post-game refreshment, we are not allowed to let people sit on our patio furniture, so we recommend you bring your own chair or picnic blanket … to enjoy your “take-out” drink on our 4-acres.
- For the time being, RSC will only be accepting Debit or Credit (Mastercard/Visa) payments, NO CASH.
- Our RSC Ambassadors will be on site to show you how to get to your court. We ask that you adhere to their instructions in order to maximize court transitions.
In addition to Tennis Canada’s Recommendations (click here), RSC has also implemented the following for maximum COVID-19 safety:
- Keep 2 meters away from other tennis players and RSC Staff.
- We strongly recommend sanitizing your hands before and after your match at our stations located at the entrance and exit of our courts.
- Stay on your side of the court, no switching sides between games. No shaking hands.
- Each player should only handle their own Tennis balls. RSC Front Desk will have tennis balls for sale onsite, plus a marker for putting your initials on the balls. Different colored tennis balls (blue, orange, pink) will also be for sale.
- Do not pick up other people’s balls. As much as possible, use your racquet and your foot to send a ball to another player.
- Player Registration: Every tennis player playing at RSC MUST be listed on the court rental (or logged at the front desk), to ensure that (i) waivers have been signed; (ii) payment has been collected; and (iii) if an outbreak occurs, that we have trace
- Please do not place towels or equipment on the nets.
- Flow of Entry & Exit to Tennis Courts: In order to adhere to “physical distancing”…
- Access to the Outdoor Clay courts will be a 1-way Entrance (via Court 1) and a 1-way Exit (via Court 4). Please follow the Chalkboard Signs, so that in/out players don’t pass each other. o Access to the Indoor Hard Courts will be guided by an “RSC Tennis Ambassador”, who will show you to the Indoor Tennis waiting area and walk people to the dome 1-at-a-time in/out.
- 55-minutes of playtime: Despite the courts being booked for 1-hour at a time, during COVID-19 it will be 55 minutes of playtime to reduce the density of players in/out at once. For example, if your court booking is at 10am, then you will need to stop playing at 10:55am to reduce the cross-over of comings/goings and maximize “physical distancing”.
- Summer Tennis Pass Holder Packages: Due to COVID-19, many suppliers and deliveries have been delayed. Summer Tennis Pass Holder Package is not yet ready for pick up – we will notify you when it is. Tennis tags will not be available next week, which is why “check-in” at the “Satellite Front Desk” will be mandatory.
Beach Volleyball Protocols
- Booking times will last for 55 minutes to allow for appropriate physical distancing when transitioning groups.
- 2v2 and 4v4 now available. This is strictly enforced.
- Each group will need to bring their own ball.
- We ask that the “Booking Lead” arrives 10 minutes before the booked time and ONLY that person checks in at the desk to reduce traffic.
- Please wait outside the gate for our RSC Ambassador to provide access to your court.
Ball Hockey Protocols
- Bookings of no more than 5 players are permitted.
- Players are responsible to remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Only skills and drills are permitted at this point in time – no games.
- Booking times will be 55 minutes to allow for proper transitioning of groups
- Groups are expected to bring their own balls and equipment
- Check in: We ask that the “Booking Lead’ arrives 10 minutes before the booked time and ONLY that person check in at the desk to reduce traffic.
- 10 Max in a class. 9 Participants + 1 Instructor
- Participants MUST pre-register online via Mindbody
- Check in: Check in at our satellite front desk before heading up to your class. An RSC ambassador will walk you up to the class.
Outdoor Pool Protocols
- Maximum capacity 20 people in the pool at a time
- Your swim time must be booked in advance online (2-hour blocks)
- No Changerooms will be available, please come in your swim suit. Porta Potties onsite.
- Maintain physical distancing while in the pool.