SUMMER 2021 TENNIS at RSC
We offer a Tennis Pass Holder & Walk-On Model, which has been used by tennis clubs in Florida for 20+ years. This model involves a flat fee for Pass Holders for the season and per-use court fee for Walk-Ons. See special offers and consult the table below for more information.
55-minutes Of Playtime (UPDATED): Despite the courts being booked for 1-hour at a time, during COVID-19 it will be 55 minutes of playtime to reduce the density of players in/out at once. For example, if your court booking is at 10am, then you will need to stop playing at 10:55am to reduce the cross-over of comings/goings and maximize “physical distancing”.
|Clay Court Reservations – 7 courts (online or in person)||8 days in advance||3 days in advance|
|Clay Court Fees||FREE||
$18 per person for Singles
$12 per person for doubles
|Scheduling Blocks of 1 primetime or 2 hours on non-prime time||✔||✔|
|Indoor Hard Court Reservations – 4 courts||50% Off ($22 / hour)||Regular price ($44 / hour)|
|Access to Ladders (one-time fee for the summer)||25% discount||Regular price ($40)|
|Includes Pool Pass||✔||Regular price|
|RSC Programs (Tennis)||25% discount||Regular price|
|Round Robins||FREE||$12 per person|
|Indoor Winter 2021/22 Season||Advanced Access|
2021 Summer Tennis Pass is now sold out.
- 8-day advance pre-booking up to 8 hours total in a fixed 7-day period
- Ability to pre-book 4 hours Prime-Time in a fixed 7-day period
- Prime Time is Monday to Friday
Courts 1-4: 4:00-8:00pm
Courts 5-7: 3:30-8:30pm
- Prime Time is Monday to Friday
- Booking opens at 7:00am, 8-days out.
- Tennis Lessons, programs and round robins are excluded from this maximum cap
- Unlimited same-day booking of Prime-Time and non-Prime-Time courts
- Maximum 2 consecutive hours can be booked for doubles
- Maximum 1 hour can be booked for singles
Cancellation of courts: This year Tennis Passholders will be able to cancel their court online up to 24 hours in advance. If not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance, a “no show” fee will be charged to dissuade this practice, and ensure that courts are fully utilized and not sitting empty. The cancellation fee will equal the walk-on fee for Singles ($36 + HST) or Doubles ($48 + HST), whichever you had booked.
Summer Tennis Facilities
7 Outdoor Clay Courts, dedicated to Pass Holder and Walk-On Usage including:
Self-Sweeping: For better court quality, we are implementing self-sweeping of the courts, asking players to sweep the courts before they play. This is a model used by European tennis clubs, and which the Rideau Sports Centre used last year with excellent feedback.
NEW LED Lights on the Outdoor Tennis Courts: RSC invested in NEW state-of-the-art LED Lighting on the Outdoor Clay Courts. We wanted our Outdoor Tennis Lighting to be as high quality as our Indoor Tennis Lighting! It’ll now be worth your while to play into the evening hours. Best tennis lighting in the city!
4 Indoor Hard Courts, dedicated to RSC Programming including:
As the tennis dome remains up year-round, these courts will be available to rent for Walk-Ons and Pass Holders.
The pass holder / walk-on model has wonderful reviews, and provided the following benefits:
- Sense of membership, and walk-ons bring new people
- Important infrastructure and “glue” of a tennis community
- Advance reservation system (instead of waiting onsite for a court to become available)
- Meet new players through round robins, ladders, skills clinics
- Flexibility tailored to lifestyle
- Play with anyone you like as many times as you wish, no guest pass quantity restrictions
- Incredible team of Tennis Pros