Fall Adult Tennis Programs
Fall Adult Tennis Programs are now available for registration!
If you have any questions please contact our Program Manager Tim Kwan at email@example.com.
NOTE: Refunds for program cancellations will only be provided with a doctor’s note. Only credits will be applied in the event programs are impacted by COVID-19.
Join one or more of our Coach-run, level-based play programs to enjoy playing tennis, meet new people, and take your game to the next level.
Universal Tennis Rating (UTR)
RSC officially welcomes the UTR system and platform! What is UTR? Here is a quick video to get acquainted
UTR is the most advanced and widely used global tennis player rating system intended to produce an objective, consistent, and accurate index of players’ skill in the game of tennis. Powered by Oracle and used by US Colleges as the number one tool to assess and recruit players from around the world, UTR rates all players on a single 16-point scale, without regard to age, gender, nationality, or locale of a given match. Our vision is to integrate UTR into our PLAY programs to ensure the level of skill of each player within a given program is consistent and therefore maximize the quality of our programs.
We will integrate UTR into most of our PLAY programs starting this indoor season. Don’t worry if you’ve never used UTR before – it’s not a problem. All you have to do is create an account on the UTR website then “Search” for Rideau Sports Centre and Request to Join our virtual club. If you have any questions, please contact Head Pro, Sacha Krishna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTR Doubles Matchplay
Matchplay will bring a great opportunity for players to test their abilities in a competitive environment. Players will compete under the supervision of an RSC pro who can provide feedback if desired and will update match results, allowing players to track their progress using the Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) platform. RSC offers doubles matchplay as well as combined singles/doubles matchplay programs and will be level based.
$190 plus tax for 5 weeks, 1.5 hrs each.
RSC is proud to co-host the NCTA City Championships the last week of August, the annual Indoor Open over Thanksgiving weekend October 8th-11th. Tournaments are typically single elimination with a consolation round when possible. RSC also hosts the Presidents Cup and the Intermediate Championship. RSC also hosts a range of regional juniors tournaments for competitive players.
Happy Hour is a staple at RSC and one of our most popular non-instructional programs. Players will compete in fun games for the entire hour. This is a great way to practice and work on a variety of skills in a fun and competitive environment. Some of the games that are played are King/Queen of the Court, Rush and Crush, Cisco’s Disco, Winners, Jeopardy, Beat the Pro and more! Register for this program is not on UTR and run through your account on our website as usual.
Instructional clinics designed to improve your singles and doubles game through technical and tactical teaching in an active, experiential learning environment.
PRACTICE and PLAY
Practice and Play programs will begin with high volume training of a variety of strokes and situations in a goal-oriented environment designed to push each player to improve their performance and achieve improved standards in their game. Following the practice component, every player will have the opportunity to test their skills against their fellow classmates in play-based situations and gameplay. Practice and Play programs are a great mix of a high intensity training and fun play.
The extremely popular 60-minute classes feature high-tempo, high intensity drills, circuits, exercises, and games designed to provide an amazing cardio workout, improve your game, and put a smile on your face!
Program Policies & Information
1. To register for programs, visit www.rideausportscentre.com and complete the online registration. Payment must accompany registration.
2. In-person Registration • Opens Thursday, August 19th at 10:00am
3. The Rideau Sports Centre may cancel a program due to low enrolment. In the event of a program cancellation, participants will be offered alternate program dates/times or a full refund.
4. Attire: participants are expected to wear appropriate athletic attire consisting of shorts or track-pants, t-shirts, and non-marking athletic shoes. Tennis shoes are highly recommended for improved performance/stability, and to prevent injuries.
5. Racquets: participants for all programs are expected to bring their own racquet but if you are new to tennis, you are not required to purchase a racquet ahead of the first lesson. Our experienced coaching team can assist in selecting the right type of racquet for you.
6. Level Placement: we reserve the right to withdraw participants from a program if the coaching staff determine you are not at the appropriate level (too weak or too strong). In the event you are withdrawn from a program, every effort will be made to place you in an alternate suitable program.
7. All programs are subject to HST.
8. Programs that fall on statutory holidays/exception dates will be priced appropriately for the missed class. If a class that was included in the program price is cancelled, a credit will be applied to the participants’ account.
9. Once booked, we have a no-refund policy on all programs. Refunds for program cancellations will only be provided with a doctor’s note. Only credits will be issued if programs are impacted by COVID-19.
Check out our full listing of sports, fitness, health and wellness activities.
FACILITIES & RENTALS
Discover our full facilities and rentals including the Bridge Public House and Rideau Room.