Summer 2020 Private Lessons
Summer 2020 RSC will be offering private outdoor swim lessons this year! You can now book your own Private Swim Program, for up to 3 people maximum (must be in the same household or bubble). This will consist of 5 x 30-minute lessons at the same time each day for the duration of one week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). All ages welcome 4 to 100 years old.
When registering, we ask that you comment in the “Additional Information” field, the number and ages of the people in your private swim group (up to 3 people total) as well as the level of each person as seen below (best guess).
RSC Swim Lessons: Olympic Way Levels
• Jump from side with bubble on, unassisted
• Swim 12 m (1 width) with bubble on, forward swimming arms with directional control.
• Blow bubbles while swimming with bubble on.
• Swim 2 m unassisted (no jump), face in the water.
• Back float with head assistance
• Jump in, unassisted.
• Demonstrate a front and a back glide – push off the wall, body at surface.
• Swim 12 m unassisted with no bubble, face in water.
• Front float and back float, unassisted (5 seconds).
• Push off wall streamline with kick – 6 m.
• Swim Front Crawl – 12 m (1 width) with face in water and arms out, begin breathing to the side
• Endurance swim – 24 m continuously.
• Backstroke kick – 12 m (1 width) with head back and horizontal body position.
• Rolling floats (front to back, back to front).
• Retrieve item from bottom of pool.
• Submerged push off into streamline kick.
• Front Crawl – 25 m with breathing to the side, full arm extension and finished pull.
• Backstroke kick – 25 m horizontal body position, feet break surface of water.
• Backstroke – 12 m (1 width) with flat body position, straight arm recovery.
• Push off wall streamline position (back).
• Front crawl – 50 m bilateral breathing.
• Backstroke – 25 m continuous and alternating arms.
• Breaststroke kick – 25 m proper turnout of feet, forward propulsion
• Front Crawl – 50 m proper catch, pull, finish
• Backstroke – 50 m shoulder roll, steady kick
• Breaststroke – 50 m coordination of pull-breathe-kick-glide
• Introduction to starts
• Front Crawl – 75 m
• Backstroke – 75 m underwater arm action with catch-pull-finish
• Breaststroke – 75 m proper arm mechanics and timing
• Butterfly kick – 50 m legs together, full kick from hip
• Introduction to butterfly arms
• Introduction to flip turns
• Front Crawl – 100 m
• Backstroke – 100 m
• Breaststroke – 100 m
• Butterfly – 50 m proper arm mechanics and timing
To maintain physical distancing guidelines, children under 5 years old must have a guardian/parent present in the pool during the lesson.
Changerooms will not be available. Please come in your swimsuits. Porta-potties available in the pool area.
Check out our full listing of sports, fitness, health and wellness activities
FACILITIES & RENTALS
Discover our full facilities and rentals including the Bridge Public House and Rideau Room.