Conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa by the shores of the Rideau River, Rideau Sports Centre offers adults and children the best facilities and programs in every popular sport imaginable. We are a community hub where people of all ages, skills, backgrounds, and interests can play, connect, eat, and relax together. The Bridge Public House is the onsite restaurant and event space.
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, the Event Coordinator will be responsible for every aspect of an event, from organizing to evaluating success afterward. While working with all The Bridge Public House, the Event Coordinator manages the effective planning, delivery, and evaluation of events.
· Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
· Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
· Coordinate staffing for events with the Restaurant General Manager.
· Communicate any, and all menus to the Chef/kitchen ensuring adequate time for ordering and preparation.
· Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
· Maintain event budgets.
· Adhere and manage the annual financial target
· Responsible for working with the Restaurant General Manager on external pricing for event packages and maintaining profitable margins
· Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
· Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
· Responding to external rental inquiries in 24-48 hours and conducting client tours of event spaces, preparation of quotes and/or budgets based on event objectives and desired execution-style.
· Working and collaborating with the Marketing Manager regarding any marketing initiatives required for event coordination.
· Creating and executing sales and marketing programs, bundled event packages designed to attract organizations to host their events with our organization.
· Maintaining and streamlining event processes and templates.
· Conducting post-event debrief sessions and ensuring lessons learned and best practices are incorporated into future events.
· Undertake market research to identify new opportunities, improve current product and service offerings, and inform future directions
· Ensure collaboration, effective communication, and successful execution of all aspects of event management and planning
· Managing cost and invoicing aspects of events including creating purchase orders, ensuring invoices are received, and conducting final event cost analysis after events are completed
· Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings and reports to the Restaurant General Manager
· Proven experience as an event coordinator
· A proven track record of organizing successful events
· Proficient in MS Office
· At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
· Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
· Outstanding vendor management skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Problem-solving ability
· Degree in hospitality management, public relations, or relevant field is preferred
· Experience developing and interpreting statistical reports and surveys.
· Able to work a flexible schedule based on business demands.
· Maintain accurate records and have high attention to detail.
Rideau Sports Centre & The Bridge Public House are inclusive employers in every way and are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please notify the hiring manager and we will work with you to mutually address your needs.
Please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank everyone that applies and will be reaching out to only those successfully selected for an interview.