Conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa by the shores of the Rideau River, Rideau Sports Centre offers adults and children the best facilities and programs in every popular sport imaginable. We are a community hub where people of all ages, skills, backgrounds, and interests can play, connect, eat, and relax together.
We are looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
· Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, broken furniture, etc.
· Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
· Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
· Maintain grounds, including garden and yard upkeep, trimming, edging,the mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
· Perform necessary cleaning activities, such as dusting, mopping, trash removal, etc.
· Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs
· Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
· Test the functionality of the facility’s safety systems
· Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions
· Report to facilities manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Available to work during the days, evenings and weekends.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position, preferably in a corporate setting
· Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
· Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
· Successful completion of on-site apprenticeship training required
· Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· General passion for creative problem-solving
Rideau Sports Centre is an inclusive employer in every way and is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please notify the hiring manager and we will work with you to mutually address your needs.
Please email us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone that applies and will be reaching out to only those successfully selected for an interview.